WEgate Summit 2020 Agenda
9:30 - 10:00 CET
WE act: Relaunching the WEgate platform, a new vision for the future of the WE Community
The European Gateway for Women’s Entrepreneurship goes through an important transformation to better support its community and create opportunities in a completely new social and economic environment. Join the WEgate community of practice to learn about how you can get involved and use the platform to benefit your business!
- Kristin Schreiber - Deputy Director General, Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, European Commission
- David Caro – President of the European Small Business Alliance
- Eva Merloni - WEgate Project Manager
- Gabriela Kostovska Bogoeska - Executive Director of the Foundation for Management and Industrial Research, North Macedonia
WE inspire: Stories about leadership, resilience and success
Women-owned businesses showed incredible resilience through the most challenging times. They shift business models, redesign products and implement new strategies, all while going above and beyond to develop innovative solutions to support their communities. Three inspiring women will share about their entrepreneurial journey, what drives them and what lessons they learned along the way.
- Lisa Lang, Founder & CEO, The PowerHouse
- Paloma Lozano, Managing Director of Innogate to Europe
- Anne Ravanona, Founder & CEO of Global Invest Her
WE debate: Bringing about change from within
Taking a closer look at the results of the WEbarometer, the first pan-European survey assessing the specific challenges of women entrepreneurs, we will examine the respondent’s suggestions on what needs to change to achieve a business environment that fits and supports women entrepreneurs across Europe.
- Thomas Cooney - Professor of Entrepreneurship, College of Business Technological University Dublin
- Helle Neergaard - Head of Section, Department of Management, Aarhus University
WE grow: Community Sessions
A call for action – support and invest more in women’s entrepreneurship development
Join the discussion of our WEgate Community Council on the actions needed for improved policy, access to finance & funding and more inclusive digital transformation
|1:1 pre-scheduled meetings with women entrepreneurs and other participants across Europe|
WE learn: Workshops
How a platform business
Unlocking healthy high performance - Resilience through crisis
Women Entrepreneurs: How to get most out of your investors?
WE celebrate: Closing of the WEgate Summit 2020
Closing address by Ms. Kerstin Jorna - Director-General, Directorate-General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, European Commission (TBC)